It’s that time of year, Girl Scouts on every corner peddling cookies. We bought a box of Samoas, whch is hands down, the best Girl Scout cookie out there.
One of my daughters decided she’d like to try and recreate a Samoa at home, so we embarked on a cookie adventure!
It is quite a process with many steps:
- Make the cookie – we chose shortbread
- Temper the chocolate – we chose 72% dark chocolate (the best!)
- Dip the bottoms of the cookies
- Toast the coconut
- Make the caramel sauce
- Drizzle the cookies with caramel and put coconut on top
- Chill to set
- Re-temper the chocolate
- Drizzle the tops of the cookies
That is a pretty darn good cookie!
This was a out of my comfort zone, I don’t normally bake traditional things like shortbread with lots of butter, sugar and white flour. But, they turned out well, we had fun and learned things along the way!